Wednesday, March 02, 2005

When did I grow up?

The rumors are true: stay as young as you can! In the flurry of events that has been the last week, I cannot help but think that my perents were right, that I should cherish my youth. Don't grow up too fast, they'd say but I never listened. As long as I can remember, I've always wanted to be older. I also had a summer birthday, so all throughout my youth I was the last one of all my friends to get my drivers liscense, painfully watching from the sidelines when all of my friends had their 21st birthday. Not that not being 21 stopped me from drinking, but still. So I have always wanted to be older. I always wanted to be a grown up, to live in a house, get married, have kids, etc...Now that I stand on the precipice I get this crazy feeling everyday. I am growing up, whether I like it or not. I got the house which is a pain in the ass (and the mortgage to go with it), the fiancee (who is also an ass) , the dog, neighborhood association meetings, grocery store hysteria. Maybe I need to up my alcohol intake to savor the last few drops of my "too young to know better-ness",

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home